Sunday, January 22, 2006

Swatch out....


I confess I'm a lazy knitter when it comes to the gauge swatch. I am considering signing up for the Knitting olympics over at http://www.yarnharlot.com . So in advance preparation I knitted a gauge swatch. This is for the shoulder cozy in Wrap Style. I couldn't find the exact blue on ebay, however I did find this pretty color. I think the gauge is off by the smallest amount. Instead of 4 inches I have 4+3/4 inches. I'm just going to knit it up with the size 11 needles anyway. This is Debbie Bliss casmerino super chunky. I love this yarn. So soft. I knit a heart scarf with it last year for Vday. I love hearts!!!! Also yesterday the mailman delivered the frog tree alpaca from WEBS. So I'm back to work on the herringbone poncho. I want to finish it tonight. At least the knitting part. I also purchased this lovely purple color. I am not sure what I am going to make with it yet. Baby hat? Adult hat? Scarf? So many choices. Also, I am not buying anymore yarn until I use up a good portion of stash. I just dug myself out of the credit card hole and I am not diving back in. Besides, I have to concentrate on exercising. Husband is taking me to St. Lucia!!!!!!! We went there for our honeymoon and we are going back already! I'm so excited. Such a beautiful island. Such a handsome husband. Lucky me :)

No comments: