Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
This super pretty necklace is perfect for the Happiknits color palette! Aptly named April necklace is reminds me of spring...I LOVE it!! check it out here
Friday, November 14, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Working on a great new cowl for the shop~~~ coming soon!! Hint it's funky, big , and snuggly!!! I also added a couple of new pieces this week. The mantra capelet and the Agni shrug/scarf combo. They are both perfect for the cold weather season!! I am also honored to have hit 100 sales today!!! Woohoo!!! My 100th customer will be receiving an xtra special thank you gift!
Thank you to all my awesome customers :)
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Ok so my random things:
1. I grew up by the beach in New Jersey, I love the ocean, I would swim until my lips turned blue. When I was 10 I got caught in a rip current on a boogie board. I knew not to panic, but that was all I knew. I was far out and close the the jetties (rock formation). My best friend Danny who was 3 years older than me swam out and kept me "company" until the life guards got their act together.
2. I love to cook. My grandmother was the greatest cook/baker on the face of the earth. She taught me many things, including how to make homemade pierogis, the best pie crust ever and rugelah. I miss her terribly.
3. I didn't go to college until I was 27. Post parental divorce I moved out on my own at age 18. I worked in a pharmacy full time and waitressed at night part time. I worked 7 days a week, 12 hours most days. I supported myself. I got it in my head that I wanted to go to school to be a pharmacist and never looked back- failure was not an option. And oh yeah, I had a theme song- doesn't everyone have one of those?
4. I started taking yoga at the insistance of my chiropracter, and fell in love. The girl who hated gym all through grammer and highschool is a certified yoga teacher now :) oh and I love to spin too..
5. When I was growing up I wanted to be a veterinarian, but I knew I would never be able to put an animal to sleep.
6. I love seventies music, I grew up listening to it and I still do :)
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Sunday, August 03, 2008
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Saturday, May 31, 2008
I have created a gorgeous shrug named Look at Me you can see more pics here.
Invitation is open to all, come solo or bring a friend. Check it out here. Come dressed to the nines, and ready to party!!
I was so inspired by this team challenge, and seeing the gorgeous items that were created by my team mates I can see that they were as well. I have been asked to handle administration in the team shop with Beth from Thirdfloor designs~~ a complete honor!!
So I offer you a sneak peak into some of the other guests closets, so you can see how they will be adorned at the ball...
Beth at Third Floor Designs has created this gorgeous wrap, so very beautiful... She is aptly named Geisha in Red and Turquoise, see more of her here. Beth has a lovely shop, she is very talented. Check out her shop here.
Every girl needs some bling for the party and Morgan from Karma11 has created a piece that I love!! It is aptly named The Circle of Love necklace and you can view it here. I also love this wearable piece of art from Nora over at
Daintycrochetbyaly. She has a stunning shop and is so talented. Check out more pics of this stunner here. Also every gal needs a dress for the ball, so Love2sew has created a stunner she named Show Em the Moves and you can see more photos here. If you're the type of gal who prefers something a little more steampunk Stargazer29609 has created the perfect reversible corset for you!! check out more pics of it here. Finally, every gal needs a little sparkle on her ear, and Laurabaille designs has created a lovely set of bling for your lobes. Check out more pics here.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
But today I thought I would give a little friendly advice (being I am a healthcare professional)...That brings me to my statement, always check with your healthcare provider before taking any advice from lil ol me...
So anyway, here are my two bits of advice.
Numero Uno...Get a mammogram. I just had my yearly done. It takes 5 minutes and you know what, a little squeeze and you get piece of mind. 5 minutes ladies :) that's it. Life saver. Probably one of the easiest tests you'll ever have.
Have you ever had accupuncture? What a novel idea for pain. I went today for my first visit. I have had chronic tendonitis, (hmmm could it be all the knitting????) anyway. I have had 3 steroid shots and 2 rounds of physical therapy and 1 year later, I still have alot of pain. But, for me, no meds. Nope. Look, if I break something, that's a different story. Don't get me wrong tendonitis is extremly painful, especially at night when you are trying(key word~~~trying) to sleep. But I'm a suck up the pain type of gal, always have been. Tough german stock here. So anyway, back to the accupuncture. I went in feeling my normal in pain, stressed out self and came out 2 hours later (initial visit, paperwork, interview, etc...actual time of needles in body~~half hour) feeling like a limp noodle. That's right...a noodle. I still feel like a noodle, all relaxed and, well, happy :) Pain in arm is less (still there but hey it's only one treatment). So if you've got issues. Try some eastern medicine, especially if western isn't cutting it for you.
Alright, that's my "rant" for today. I was just so excited about the way I feel post treatment I wanted to share.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Next up is Heather's shop Astrums, this is an awesome shop!!!! I instantly fell in love with this Dorset Rex brass evening bag. Oh boy do I have a spot in my heart for vintage :) check it out here. She has alot of really cool jewels and vintage in her shop.