Thursday, October 06, 2005

I've been neglecting this blog

I've been neglecting this blog. Too busy, 2 jobs, blah,blah,blah. Janet and I are supposed to do our first craft fair this weekend. An outdoor Octoberfest, tropical rain included. I am trying to let this go, because, it is beyond my control. How many times do we fret and worry over things that we have no control over? This is such a waste of our useful energy. We need to focus more on being in the here and now, mindfulness. I have read so many book and articles that talk about this. So today, pick something, even a 5 minute thing (like washing the dishes) and be present in washing the dishes. How does the water feel? what are the sounds that are made? Immerse yourself in washing that dish. Sounds silly? Give it a try. You slow down your world. Breathe. Too many of us forget to breathe.
Ok enough yogi stuff today. On that note, I can't wait to start my next poncho, I'm going to try to post a pic of this....

excellent, it worked. I also visted a new LYS Ynotknit in pennsylvania. I was at yoga class with Liz my first teacher and I noticed this shop, LOVELY.... Also here is Liz's website her studio is beautiful, http://www.prancingpeacock.com .. Ok here are some of my purchases


The light blues I am going to make a newsboy cap holding the 2 together. The seafoam, probably the same a hat, The colors are gorgeous.

1 comment:

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

Thank you for the words above about being in the "now"- This morning has been a tough one (and it isn't even 9 am) and it is good to read them... (I have been on the verge of tears all morning, despite my yoga routine title "happiness"). What you said in your blog is EXACTLY what I needed to hear... be in the now, don't fret about those things you have no control over.
Thank you Rebecca.

Vanessa