Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Big Loser


Just came back from trip to AC with my grandmom. She moved to florida 2 years ago and only comes back to jersey maybe twice a year. We went for our second annual overnight AC trip. We stayed at the Taj. It was fun,but we both lost, pretty big(ssshhhh don't tell anyone). It's nice to spend time with her. I also haven't posted in awhile because I was away with my mom this weekend. Our annual Long Beach Island trip. 3 days of sand and surf. Last year it rained the whole weekend. This year we had lovely hot, sunny weather. We stayed at a B&B run by a lovely irish couple. Her daughter owns a coffee/dessert place accross the street called The Chocolate Bar. They have a shop in NYC also. The inn keeper bakes all their goodies. I personally am not a big sweet fan, I prefer salty crunchy snacks. However, I (upon this woman's recommendation) tried the spicy brownies. Holy cannoli! They were awesome. I have a new favorite dessert. I bought 4 of them back from LBI and they are gone. Imagine choc and chipolte pepper, with a dash of cinnamon. If you are a hot food fan (which I am) this is the dessert to try. If you google it, there are some recipes. I will attempt a few and get back to you on the results. I also received my sewing machine and craft table. Now, I bought the craft table from Target thinking it was a complete table, wrong, only a table top, for an additional $400.00 I can buy the book shelves that the table fits ontop of. However in the picture it shows it as one unit. In my excitment to buy it at 7am I overlooked the fine print. So now I have a table top. It's a large table top sitting in a box in my foyer. Hmmm, hubby says to send it back, no room, too big. But it is exactly what I wanted if I dish out the additional money for the remaining parts. What do you think? Imagine having a space that is designated to crafting? No using the kitchen table to measure stuff out. 12 built in shelves to store all your crafting items. 1/2 the price of the pottery barn craft table, and it looks the same. What's a girl to do?????

2 comments:

Charity said...

Sounds like a fun time, anyway! The brownies make my mouth water - can't wait to hear how they turn out.

I love the idea of having my own craft space... did you ever see Martha Stewart's suggestion? She used 2 bookshelves on wheels, and a door to go across to make a table. Then, when not in use, you hung the door on the wall, and pushed the bookshelves underneath against the wall. It seemed like a good solution to me, but there's no where in my house where I'm happy to hang a door :0)

Becca said...

I also wouldn't have anywhere to hang the door. I had to badger my husband to let me use the space for the craft table. Hehe I finally got him to give in...