Sunday, August 27, 2006

Free Recipe Sunday


Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers for baby Kiona. She is the tinyest peanut, but her smile is radiant. She is finally beginning to eat on her own and gained 4 oz this week. Such a sweet baby, Aunt Becky held her and got lots of smiles. I will not go into things, but prayer is apreciated because her life is off to a rough start.

So here are some pics of my new craft table and sewing machine :) I put the shelves together all by myself, hubby just helped lift the top on. I placed my knitting books on some of the shelves.( sheesh I thought I had more knitting books than that..). I have alot of knitting magazines saved, so they will be next to get shelved. I do want to buy the magazine holders to keep a neater apprearance. That was the agreement with H, I can put the craft table in here but I cannot load it up with "junk". The sewing machine is a Singer. It's what my mom has always had, so, like mother like daughter. I figured it's a simple enough machine to get started with. It's not like I'm ready to go on Project Runway.. Don't you love that show? I did not watch it last season, but my friend Heather got me hooked on it. OK, so one more pic and I will give you the recipe of the week. When mom and I were in LBI, we went to this store called Sun Dog. I have been there many times before and I know they sell sari fabric. So I had an idea in mind for my living room window which is unusually small.. I bought the wooden piece on top and sari material from the shop. The wooden piece has a slot for the sari material to go through. I want to get a nice wide piece of gold satin ribbon to it with. Cute, right? OK so today's recipe is for Asian coleslaw. A yummy recipe that has been circulating through my family since the start of the low carb diet. Trust me it's anything but diet food..

1 head green cabbage, 1 head purple cabbage, 1 small red onion, 1 bunch scallions, 2 TBl olive oil, 1 cup rice wine vinegar, 1/2 cup sesame oil ( I buy the dark type-roasted?), 1/4 cup of honey, s&p and some cayenne pepper (optional),peanuts

chop up the cabbage, onions and scallions, combine in large bowl. sautee peanuts in olive oil until toasted. Add remaining ingredients and peanuts into bowl, mix well. Refridgerate this for about 2-3 hours..the longer it sits the better it tastes. You may have to play around with the spices to get the taste you like.. Enjoy!!!!!

3 comments:

Charity said...

SO glad to hear Kiona is doing better! Thanks for the recipe, it sounds yummy :0) I am so envious of the craft table. I keep my sewing machine on the top shelf of my hall closet, and have to drag it out and set it up whenever I need to use it.

FaeryCrafty said...

Still praying for the little one :)

Becca said...

Thank you both. I started using the craft table yesterday. I'm going to make an apron as my first sewing project!