Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's Getting Really Green Around Here


I Love spring! It is without a doubt my favorite time of year. All of my plants are waking up from there long nap, and everything is lush and green. I was, for the longest time, not a gardener. I left that to both of my sisters who have lots of talent in that area. I was always too bug paranoid to be playing in the dirt. Then, the first year in our house I found myself outside, headphones on, a bit of tunes flowing and I spent 3 hours straight pruning my Rhododendrons. I found it to be so meditative, relaxing. I guess you could say, I was hooked. Mr. Happiknits calls my garden the "willy nilly" garden, because I plant whatever I want in it :) Unfortunately the deer eat most of it, but year after year I try new things. Most of the space is now taken up with Butterfly bushes. I will get some photos of them when they bloom. I also have a forest of Lily of the valleys, which as you can see are very happy with their home! I find alot of inspiration for my designs from nature, so this is a very creative time of year for me. The mannequins are full with designs in the making.

6 comments:

Sleepy Moon Design said...

Nice pictures! Everything is growing like crazy here! All of the green all of a sudden just popped up and was there!!

Anonymous said...

So lovely! I wish I didn't have such a black thumb. Your flowers look amazing.

Amanda said...

YOU SOUND LIKE ME! i'm yet to have a house, but i've started in the apartment with lots of plants, flowers, and herbs, it's so green in there, it's wonderful!!

be your original best said...

so happy to find you! I'm practically a neighbor! (skaneateles) i picked your postcard off the board at Stella's diner... i hope to purchase one of yoru wonderful creations someday!

be your original best said...

ok... looks like you are from NJ..(not syracuse NY like I thought!) great marketing w/ the postcards!
caught my eye right away!

Sea Witch said...

Just discovered your blog and what lovely photos you offer. Really enjoying your posts. Sea Witch