Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Thing About Being a Girl



"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."



-Anais Nin



This weekend I spent Sunday afternoon having some awesome, girly fun with one of my oldest and dearst friends Michele. We met in the 7th grade. Our initial meeting was one that, well was not really the way that most long lasting friendships begin. Someone we both knew (I do not even remember who the person was) asked her to "beat me up" (ahhh grade school~so much fun!). And thus began a friendship that has lasted more than 27 years. I remember waking up at the crack of dawn at her parents house to watch Princess Di walk doen the aisle to meet her Prince. Watching the first video on MTV in her parents living room. Dancing in the Mosh Pitt at The Parrot. Going out to see a band every weekend at the Fast lane. Making Tye Dye shirts in her kitchen. Although the paths of our lives have sometimes led in different directions, we have, always kept the bond of our friendship. So, to add to all the fun memories we already have, we did a photo shoot for Happiknits. Michele is the perfect model for my creations! She picked out the spot ~ she is an awesome professional photographer! She will be doing all the photoshopping for these photos! Thanks Michele, you are the best!!

1 comment:

FoN said...

Good friends are the best. I've had the same three since 10th grade and I couldn't live without them.