Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Silent Witness


I have not been to present on my blog lately. I hit a bit of a speed bump. During a routine checkup my doctor found a strange blue dot in my eye. He recommended having the eye doctor check it out. So during my yearly eye check up I mentioned it to the optometrist. He was a bit perplexed by it, so he sent me to an opthomologist. After several yucky tests that included those ucky drops that numb your eye~ a totally strange, surreal feeling~ he stated that he thinks it may be a tumor. So tomorrow I am off to the city to see an Ocular Oncologist. Scary right? You just never know what life is going to throw your way. I keep thinking about my yoga teacher training and how my teacher taught us about the "silent witness", a part of your soul that is always observing. Removed from what is happening, just watching and hopefully learning. The epitome of "non-attachment". I'm not sure if we learned about this so we could try to step out of the situation and observe how we are reacting to it and take the life lesson. I know I keep thinking about warrior pose and how the strength that you feel while in that pose is something to tap into during difficult situations. I feel strong in warrior, I will be strong tomorrow. Keeping the thought in my heart that we will go to the appointment, she will look in my eye, say "it's nothing, come back in a year for a check-up" and hubby and I will have a nice lunch on South Street.


xoxo

6 comments:

Claudia said...

Becca, I am keeping you in my thoughts and sending healing thoughts your way.

xo
Claudia

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Becca:
Like Claudia...I'll say a prayer that the doctor says it's nothing to be concerned about. I know it's scary, but just take it one step at a time and know you're not alone.
xoxo
Donna

Becca said...

Thank you ladies :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely lady Becca,

My thoughts with you and I am praying for you,wishing get over all the scary feelings as soon as possible.

Fatos from Istanbul-Turkiye

Sandy D. said...

Dear Becca, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. All of my yoga practices during the next two weeks will be dedicated to you. Hope all is well. Please let me know how it works out.

Big Hug.....Sandy

Becca said...

Ladies, thank you!
Sandy, you are so sweet, you are bringing tears to my eyes xoxo that really means alot to me that you would do that, hugs
Becca