Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Depeche Mode

Hubby and I attended our first concert of the season on Sunday. We went to see Depeche Mode at PNC. This is an outdoor venue and let me tell you, it was chilly. I grabbed my pashima on the way out the door and I was glad I did. People were buying blankets from the vendors. Not a cup of hot coffee in sight only icy beer. What's wrong with icy beer? Nothing when it's warmer than 45' outside. But when your chillin....brrrrr..... Anyhew, concert was excellent. Dave is looking a little older than the last time I saw him but, despite 2 cancelled shows before our his pipes were right on. He also didn't stop moving around. Reminded me of Michael Stipe from REM, dancing around for the whole show. So I last saw these guys before I even met my Hubby. Has to be about 15 years ago. You could tell the die hard fans right from song 2. Question of time. That's going back to the Black Celebration album, which is one of my all time favorite albums. I bought the new Playing the Angel cd. I'm enjoying it, it grows on you after a couple listens. So all in all good start to the concert season. Next up.. Foreigner and Styx.. and we are in the 17th row, oh yeah, it's gonna be a good one.

No comments: