Monday, April 03, 2006

Trees

I've been thinking about trees. I guess because it's spring and everything is starting to bloom so beautifully. Do you ever stop to look at the trees? I've noticed many tiny trees that have just been planted while driving. Then I think, how many years did it take them to grow big? How many things transpired in your life while that tree was silently growing. When my youngest sister was born my parents planted a tree. Next time I'm in the old neighborhood, I'm gonna check out that 28+3/4 year old tree. I bet it's pretty big now. So the trees that are in your back yard, did you plant them? Did someone else plant them, get years of enjoyment from the beauty or shade they provided. Now you get the rewards also. My next door neighbor has a beautiful white pear tree, so pretty to see when I finish my meditation in the am. I have a beautiful plum tree in full bloom now. These are the thoughts going through my head. I think I'm ready to plant a tree.

1 comment:

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

great post-
We have a plumb tree and an apricot tree in the back yard. They are just starting to bloom- they are SO pretty when they get going.
I live in an older part of town, so when my friends come to visit who live in the "new" areas they are all very jealous over the amount of shade we get from all the mature trees in our /neighbors yard.