Wednesday, March 21, 2007

some new crafty stuff





















I have been using the sewing machine in lieu of knitting as of late. It's good stress relief also because I have to pay such close attention to everything I am doing. Oh and of course I have to rip out seams and resew. Oy, just like the knitting. I guess this is how I will become sew-er extrodinare. My mom and I were shopping around in the local fabric store on sunday and I came upon this cool fabric. It has all kinds of bride-ish sayings on it. I am going to a bridal shower this weekend and have been wanting to try out my sewing skills on a pillowcase, so... I made one for the bride to be. It is cute (if I say so myself) I would have enjoyed receiving something like this. I took a close-up of some of the sayings...So cute. I will confess I did have some logistic problems measuring out the fabric evenly. And I had to consult mom on several things, but all in all a success. I also finished a shell. I got the pattern for free when I bought the yarn from WEBS. Its cute and as usual I was confused by the pattern, so the last time I was in the LYS the nice lady there (who was also slightly baffled at first) helped me realize that I was knitting from the top down. It would be nice if they told you that in the pattern, but I guess it is "implied" in the directions...But it was very easy after I realized what was what. It is a one size fits all. I also want to post some pics of the babies. They are growing so fast. Speaking of kitties. Does everyone know about the cat and dog food recall??? We actually had some of the food that was on the recall, but the code numbers didn't match up. I didn't realize there where so many different brands on the list! Babies went for shots today so they are currently all sleeping. They did grow quite a bit in a month. The calico is the heavy-weight by 2 ozs over zoe belle (grey) and Rajne weighed in at 2lb 1oz....

1 comment:

FaeryCrafty said...

OOOH the babies are soooo precious!! I bet it is so much fun to watch them all run around and play together :)